Controlling humidity of the air sample is critical to getting consistent results for aerosol and particle analyses across a wide range of ambient conditions. Gas sample dryers with Nafion membrane technology have been shown to control air sample humidity well in many analysis applications but until now have shown high particle losses due to their small pathway diameters.
The MD-700 Dryer for Aerosol Analysis was developed at the request of our customers specifically for PM particle measurement and aerosol analysis. In order to minimize particle losses, a laminar sample flow is maintained through the flow path of the dryer using special large diameter 17mm (0.700”) Nafion™ tubing. Users and researchers measuring PM 2.5 or PM1 or performing aerosol research and analysis will have an effective option to control humidity while improving measurement accuracy and limiting particle losses. Some basic features of the dryer are listed below:
- Eliminates the need for heating the sample gas stream, preserving the volatile particulate component in the sample
- Grounded Stainless Steel Tube and Shell Construction eliminates buildup of static electricity and provides long service life outdoors.
- Straight Configuration in 6, 12, 24, and 48 versions minimize turbulent flow that can negatively affect measurements
- Dryer is continuously regenerating, eliminating the need to repeatedly replace desiccant
- Designed to be used with the vacuum re-flux purge gas method where no dry or instrument air is available.
The MD (Monotube Dryer) Series can also be used for low flow aerosol analysis as for applications under 1 lpm the flow remains linear, with the following construction options:
- MD-110 with 0.110″ Tubing for best flow characteristics
- Grounded Stainless Steel Tube and Shell Construction will eliminate the buildup of static electricity and provide long service life outdoors.
- Straight Configuration standard in 12, 24 versions and optional for 48 and 72 inch versions minimize turbulent flow that can negatively affect measurements
The PD (Polytube Dryer) Series use multiple Nafion™ tubes in parallel to increase the flow and drying capacity. Choose the following Special Construction Requirements for PM / Aerosol Analysis:
- PD-07018T with larger tubes than standard PD Dryers specially developed for PM/Aerosol Monitoring offer the best flow characteristics while minimizing particle losses (15% vs. the standard 50% for standard PDs)
- Grounded Stainless Steel Tube and Shell Construction for elimination of the buildup of static electricity and to provide long service life outdoors.
- Straight Configurations in 12 ad 24 inch versions minimize turbulent flow that can negatively affect measurements